Let’s be honest, acquiring a tan would certainly have its benefits when it comes to looking well. There are many options to get a tanned body, either through the most natural one – staying out on the sun in your bathing suit, self-tanning or going to a tanning bed. However, while the first and the last could lead to experiencing serious health issues, that is not the case with the self-tanning mousse.
Before continuing with the guide on how to apply a self-tanning mousse, keep in mind that you will need to be patient and might require some practice before perfecting it. However, the time invested will certainly make it worth your while.
First of all, you will need a few things to begin the process.
Get these ready:
- Exfoliating scrub
- Disposable latex gloves
- Hair tie
- Blow drier
- A self-tan mousse of your choice.
The Steps You Would Take
Set a few hours aside for the whole procedure from the preparation of the application to drying the product. My recommendation is that you apply a self tan before a bed time, so you could potentially leave the product overnight. Usually, the tan builds up over 4-8 hours. Feel free to reapply the tanning product after 4-8 hours again for an even better result. For example, I normally apply my first layer on Friday night, leave it over the night. In the morning I take a shower and apply a second layer. I do it on Friday because I normally don’t go anywhere on Saturday morning. I can stay in the bed and let my tan develop while watching some Netflix.
Start off the preparation by shaving any area which you will be applying the mousse to at least an hour before starting the procedure. Make a good use of the exfoliating scrub – take an extra care of all the dryer areas of your body. Make sure to take a bath or a shower to keep the skin fresh and clean for the even self-tan mousse application.
Remember, do not apply any moisturiser to your skin. The latter is the natural enemy of the self-tanning product. You might want to apply some Vaseline on your eyebrows, but only in case, you will be tanning your face. The Vaseline will keep product away from the eyebrows, saving their colour and protecting your eyes.
It is time to apply the self-tanning mousse
- Wear the gloves and start applying the product. Start with the head and move downwards. Use circular motions to apply in small areas at a time. Make sure that all exposed areas are covered. For example, the back of your ears and in between fingers and toes.
- Make sure you blend the self-tanning mousse well when covering your feet. The same counts for your chest and stomach. People often apply too much of the product rendering unwanted results.
- The tricky part is your back. Use a strap or a paintbrush to apply the self-tanning mousse. It will take a few attempts to get used to it, and it might sound hard, but you will get it right eventually.
- Now that you have applied the mousse to the whole body, get a tissue and wipe a bit off the knees, elbows, wrists, and the top of your feet to make the colour look natural after the effect has taken place. Afterwards make sure to wash your hands even if you have used gloves, otherwise, you won’t be happy in a few hours.
- Utilise the dryer by drying the self-tanning mousse, if you want to get quicker results.
- You might want to wait an hour before dressing up if you go outside. Let the self-tanning mousse stay over the course of the night. In the morning, simply take a good shower and voila! You now have a beautiful tan.
Vita Liberata Self Tan Mousse review
One of my favourite and most used self-tanning mousses is the Phenomenal 2-3 week tan mousse by Vita Liberata. This superior and no fuss product worth every penny. It’s a super fast drying tanning mousse with pHenO2 Technology for the longest lasting, natural-looking tan result. This organic self tanner is suitable for use on the face and body.
- It does not come off on the bedclothes
- Has no unpleasant odour
- Gives a very realistic colour
- Lasts up to 4 times longer than regular self tans
- Incredibly easy to apply even for the novice tanner
- Super fast drying so you can redress immediately
- Contains Odour Remove™ for zero smell
- Certified organic botanicals and Moisture Lock system guarantee a perfect fade back to nothing.
What I don’t like about Phenomenal 2-3 week tan mousse by Vita Liberata?
Vita Liberatat claims that a tan will last for up to 2-3 weeks. I have to say, from my experience, the tan lasts for about 4-5 days and then starts to fade away. I have to admit, though, that it fades away very evenly and still looks natural. I recommend to top up the mousse every 3-4 days if you want your tan to stay dark for longer.
Read related: FABULOUS VITA LIBERATA SELF TANNING TINTED LOTION REVIEW.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Do you use a self-tanning mousse often? Have you tried a Phenomenal 2-3 week tan mousse by Vita Liberata?