Surprise-surprise, the maxi dress trend is here again! Maxi dresses is one of those enduring styles that never really goes away and this season is no different, thanks to the prairie chic fashion trend that dominated the catwalks of McQueen, Alberta Ferretti and Erdem. With luxurious textures clashes, 70s bohemian and minimal 90s styles hitting the rails, there’s never been a better time to update your dress collection.
I am wearing: Burning Down The House Velvet Maxi | Pippa Striped Hard Case Clutch from Tobi | Padded shoulder blazer | Jimmy Choo Pumps | Red Sunglasses |Black Corduroy Baker Boy | Leather Western Tip Waist And Hip Belt
Maxi Dress Trend
A maxi dress is more versatile than you can believe and may be transformed. From elegant to office prepared determined by how you accessorise your dress. The thing about the maxi dress is its comfort. It is certainly comfy and flattering. It is also the most forgiving type of clothes that you can wear without guilt. You may be surprised to find out that such dress is actually very flexible. You can use by hiding layers or even add ones.
It is a great dress that can be worn during chilly days of fall and warm days of summer. Not only it can be worn for casual days, it can also be worn for professional and formal settings. Just use your imagination and be creative a little. You can come up with the style that you want.
Here are some ideas and examples that will make both your dress and you look gorgeous
- Use outwear. Simply use a stylish coat over the dress and you are good to go. If you want to add spice a bit, consider wearing a leather jacket and you will be ready as a rock princess! Make sure you pair it up too with the right boots.
- Make use of the belt. Simply adding a belt and slim shirt with a different colour from the dress will do.
- Make use of your jeans shirt. Wear it and button it up. You will be looking professional and still chic.
READ RELATED: WHAT TO WEAR TO AN OFFICE PARTY.
I am wearing: Layla Velvet Plunging Maxi Dress | Givenchy Shoes | Double-breasted coat | Miu Lady embellished smooth and textured-leather shoulder bag | Miu Miu Vintage Brooch | Earrings from CityGirlFashionShop
Maxi Dress Outfit Ideas
The trick to not looking like you’re wearing a tent or wearing your nan’s nightie is, firstly, make sure it fits. It’s a basic requirement. But if you need to hoik your dress up every 10 minutes it’s a no-go. Also, you don’t have to play up to the boho thing if you don’t want to – the prairie trend is romantic, yet free-spirited and not as overused as boho. So below are a couple of outfit ideas for you.
- Are you feeling this season’s minimalist mood? Then references the 90s with silk and velvet slip dresses, strapless column dresses and everyday-ready jumper dresses.
- Alternatively, are you into all things boho and feminine? I have got a feeling you’ll love a floaty printed floor-sweeper. Complete your throwback look with an oh-so-chic fringed bag and denim jacket.
- If you like a pop of colour, then colour blocking has never been so chic. Think chiffon gowns in neon shades of pink, yellow or purple. Wallflowers, abstain. Add a minimalistic ring to your look and you are ready to go!
- Wear it in a block colour with embroidered sandals, or opt for a patterned piece in the hottest trends of the season – gingham, floral, polka dot and botanical.
- Bring your summer maxis back to life by throwing an oversized turtleneck sweater on top. Sandals are optional. But maybe pair them with wool socks or just opt for ankle boots to keep the cold away.
At the end of the day, there are no strict rules: the choice of accessories and the rest of the outfit depends on your taste and the occasion you are dressing for. As always, don’t forget that fashion is only a game. This is a way of expressing yourself and what you love. Wear your maxi dress the way you love and don’t forget to smile all the way throw!
READ NEXT: HOW TO WEAR A VELVET DRESS TO THE OFFICE.