Flare Trousers Trend is here! It’s finally time to look beyond the skinny trouser, step forward the tailored flare. Forget all you thought you knew about flares. Yes, they did become popular in the Seventies and yes, they are still worn to fancy-dress parties. But the fact of the matter is that skinny shapes are fading, prompting new trouser silhouettes – namely straight-leg, wide-leg and tailored flares. Now, unlike the straight or skinny shape, flares make a statement. Victoria Beckham, Olivia Palermo and Alexa Chung are all funs. Why not try for yourself?
READ RELATED: FASHION GUIDE ON METALLIC BOOTS TREND.
Why Flared Trousers?
I think you really should give a try to bell-bottomed pants. Why? These bottoms will elongate your silhouette and make you look taller. Plus, flared pants are extremely flattering. Frankly speaking, I don’t see much flares in the streets. Therefore it is sometimes hard to figure out how to wear it. Especially when we got so used to wearing skinny pants all year long.
But it doesn’t mean you better avoid them at all. Thanks to the outfit ideas below there will be no problem for you to create a perfect look completed with flared pants.
Flare Trousers Trend Outfit Ideas
This season, go classic and match tailored flares with a simple T-shirt or cashmere jumper. Or try the Vetements route and mix it up with an oversized hoodie. Here are a couple more ideas for you:
- Want to buy into the trend but feeling the more subtle rather than statement look? Flared culottes are the more wearable and fresh update on the trend you’re looking for. Plus the cropped length is super flattering giving them even major bonus points. you can find some trousers like this at Chums.
- Up the ante on the flare trend with an extreme flared trousers. The ultra wide leg may not be for the fashion faint hearted but trousers allowing for this much movement just need to be taken “out” out to up those dancefloor credentials. You’ll almost feel like the real-life dancing lady emoji.
- Looking for a more laid-back take on the trend? Opt for a long flared pant in a soft jersey fabric and team with an easy to wear oversized tee for a relaxed look your fave scandi blogger would be proud of.
- Wear a denim blue blouse tucked in patchwork flared trousers. Just add a fringed shoulder bag and you are ready to go!
- Off-shoulder ruffled crop top paired with wide black trousers is a perfect choice for a romantic date night.
- Bandeau cropped ruffled top looks sexy styled with white flared lace trousers. Wear it to the music festival!
- Cream-beige long jacket looks awesome styled with white V-neck tucked in flared shortened jeans completed with slouchy glossy brown leather boots.
I think you indeed have to choose the right ones for you and style them in a way that suits you in order to look great with it. Not as easy as with skinny pants. But when you manage to do it, it is great cause they make you stand out by looking different from the crowd.
P.S. If you are in London and need a fashion stylist or a wardrobe consultant, just contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to have youamongstt my lovely clients!
READ NEXT: Maxi Dress Trend & Outfit Ideas.