The pear shape is one of the most common shapes for women and there is so much choice when it comes down to choosing the perfect dress. If you’re still on the fence about whether you are pear shape or not, simply check if your hips and bum are wider than your shoulders. Most likely, you have a smaller bust compared to those with an hourglass shape, but there may be exceptions, like well-known A-listers Beyoncé and Kim Kardashian.
It’s great to check out your favourite celebrities and their style. If you start looking at the gowns they wear for inspiration on the styles that suit you, you’ll be heading in the right direction.
The Main Thing To Look For
Ideally, when you search for trendy 2018 homecoming dresses, you want to find the right balance between the top and the bottom half of the dress. The top half should be fitted to your body but the bottom should leave extra room for the lower half’s bigger shape. Just in case, you may want to hunt for a seamstress who can tailor your dress to something more of your fit before the big day.
Best Dresses For Pear Shaped Women
You will want to consider the following when searching for your dress:
- Buy a dress with detail at the top: You need to place emphasis on the upper part of your body, so choose a gown that has the main part detail at the top. If the top part is fitted, it will really suit your shape.
- Consider neck embellishments: Dress styles such as halter necks can be beautiful when combined with embellishments. This draws the eye to the upper body again, something that pear-shaped women should aim for.
- Opt for A-line: The pear shape is an absolute magnet for a good A-line gown. This type of gown draws focus to the upper body and slims the hips for a beautiful silhouette shape. You can’t go wrong if you go for A-line! A-lines are great for accentuating your slim shoulders and smaller waist.
- Go for wider hems: A wide hemline is great for the lower part of a dress meant for a pear-shaped body. It helps balance the body and creates the best visual look overall.
- Keep it structured: Think about anything fitted and structured that complement your hips and thighs. Also, think about styles that accentuate the waist. Any belt or detail around the waistline will help achieve this and give you the most beautiful shape.
Doing all of the above can work wonders for your body shape and will ensure you choose the best dress for any occasion. As you can see, there is a lot of room for creativity so feel free to experiment with your choices. However, keep these tips in mind as doing so will accentuate your beautiful pear shape.
READ RELATED: SUMMER FASHION ESSENTIALS.
Image by Yuliya Oleynykova