Today I continue to share the coronavirus update series on my blog. My name is Yuliya Oleynykova, I am a Londoner, influencer, freelance social media manager and a person behind the Yukova blog. In the light of Coronavirus Pandemic, I would like to share my tips on how to get ready for a London shutdown due to the spread of Coronavirus in the United Kingdom.
I SEW AND SELL FACE MASKS.
View this post on Instagram
In conditions of shortage and high requirements for self-care and protection, I decided to apply my Fashion Design education and have made re-usable cotton masks. ⠀ 1. These masks are made of high quality 100% cotton, which means they will not irritate the skin and are eco-friendly. All materials including main fabric, lining, thread etc are 100% cotton. ⠀ 2. Masks are made of 4 layers: 2 layers of a very dense cotton + 2 layers of muslin cloth. ⠀ 3. The fabric was sanitised before sewing. I iron masks on a very high temperature before sending. Please wash and iron your mask before using!!! ⠀ 4. You will need 1, maximum 2 masks per 1 person, because unlike pharmacy and eBay ones, my masks can be washed and ironed at high temperature, hence can be used multiple times. ⠀ 5. Shipping is free in the UK.I can send them right away. The regular masks are out of stock in pharmacies. ⠀ I’ve got several of them made and ready to post on Monday 👌🏻 ⠀ Price £15, £40 for 3 including postage. You will end up saving money, because you can disinfect my masks unlike the rest on the market. ⠀ You can re-use them. ⠀ For every 5 sold masks, I give away 1 for free to the elderly & those who can’t afford. ⠀ Please share my info & help me to protect the community! ⠀ Send me a DM if you’d like to buy some. https://www.etsy.com/uk/CitygirlfashionShop/listing/788657343/face-mask-4-ply-4-layers-mouth-nose ⠀ @yuliya.oleynykova ⠀ #covid19 #covid_19 #coronavirus #coronaviruslondon #covid19uk #facemask
Food to get for the London lockdown
- All the grains you can get hold of. My favourite ones are buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth – they are gluten-free and very tasty.
- Plant milk, anything you can still find – almond, hazelnut, coconut – they will be able to last longer than fresh cow or goat milk.
- Obviously, any canned food. I am definitely not a fan of those, therefore, I was not getting the canned food. I prefer fresh food. If you are like me, then…
- Get the vegetables – especially broccoli, beans, carrots and protein – fish, turkey, veal, etc. Divide it by the portions and freeze. Food stays good in the freezer forever. Therefore, you also need to stock up on freezing bags/lunch plastic bags. Also, I have this contact – meat farmers. This small company usually supplies wholesale to schools, but they are happy to provide us with meat at the lowest price at the moment. This is the website: https://www.wwmeats-shop.com/ and you can call them on 01708863440.
- Next up is back from the USSR recipe – fermented cabbage. So easy to make and it stays good in the fridge. So you will also have vegetables for a balanced diet.
How to make sauerkraut/pickled cabbage?
- You need 3l glass jar, 2 tablespoons of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey, 1.5l of water and white cabbage. Take two for 1 jar.
- Put the salt and honey/sugar in the water, mix it until it’s dissolved.
- Wash the cabbage, finely cut the cabbage, Put the cabbage in the jar. Poor the liquid in it.
- Make sure you have some space left to the top. The cabbage will start fermenting and lifting itself, so it’s important you have some spare space on top.
- Leave the jar open. From time to time, you will need to check the cabbage and poke the cabbage with a knife or a stick just to release the gas. do this a few times a day. After about 24-36 hours the cabbage will be ready. So you can close the jar and put it in the fridge.
Body / Health Care products to get for the London lockdown
- Try to get 95% alcohol. Ask in the Russian or Polish shops. They usually have it. You will need this to disinfect your shoes, masks, gloves, etc. Do not put it on your face/skin. you can get the burn. And do not store it anywhere where it’s hot. It’s inflammable. Spray your mask from both sides every time you come back home. Spray your shoes too. Ventilate your outwear/jackets for at least a few hours, wash the rest of the clothes when you come back from outside.
- Of course, you need the face masks, gloves (get them while they are still available!!!). It would be great if you could also cover your hair and wear glasses when you are outside.
- Of course, stock up on the body wash, hand sanitiser, tampons, cotton pads, toilet paper, laundry liquid and the things you are usually using a lot. You never know when you will be able to get them again.
- A little trick, – if you can’t get hold of the hand sanitizer, then using the fragrance can be a temporary solution. Just make sure the alcohol level in it is 60%. I know a lot of people try vodka, but 40% will not help in this situation.
Do you detoxify your body? Oil pulling mouthwash helps to get rid of all the toxins that were produced overnight. Do this and you will help your liver so much. By using the oil pulling you prevent the bacteria and such of getting back into your body again. Ventilating your flat 30 minutes a few times a day, salty nose spray clears and cleanses nasal passage, eucalyptus gargle, use the Thyme essential oil in the diffuser or do the inhalation – this clears the lungs. Take a hot bath with Epsom salt. Soaking in Epsom salt also increases white blood cell production and helps the body fight illnesses quicker. And those are just a few things you can do. I can go on and on forever. – read the full article on how to stay safe here: CORONAVIRUS HOW TO STAY SAFE.
Stay safe, help the elderly, be very careful when outside and even inside as there are a lot of scams going on right now. Good luck to all of us!