This autumn is all about size, gems, shape and colour when it comes to earrings, necklaces, rings and other jewellery. Going through the most popular fashion glossies, you can’t get enough of the glitz, glamour and the statement that jewellery gives when combined with both simple or wildly colourful and bold clothing.
Autumn’s beautiful foliage colours offer brilliant inspiration to jewellery, and burnt oranges, reds and greens and yellows are so in. Coupled with oversized and bold shapes, this is what jewellery statement is all about. The autumn 2019 jewellery trends include:
Geometric shapes of a costume or white gold and silver jewellery
Silver jewellery is the preferable fine jewellery this autumn as well. It does look beautiful, particularly when combined with crystals and gems in all sorts of colours and sizes. And even worn with yellow gold ornaments, silver jewellery is a statement on its own. Also, pearls are back! Maybe not in an old-fashioned way as our aunties and grannies used to wear them, but now interspersed with chain, gold or silver, and gemstones, of course.
Exotic and ethnic inspirations
Designers like Ralph Lauren and Anna Sui had their catwalks full of unique jewellery with imperial-Esque jewels and many different types of beads.
Bold gemstones in size and colour
Combinations of vibrant and muted colours give a colourful and yet refined look. This is peculiarly the case with beautiful jewellery pieces, which can be worn on more subdued occasions, or even jeans and a t-shirt. Word of caution must be given as to the number of bold and statement jewellery items to wear at the same time – one statement accessory is enough, and change them as often as you wish. This will give you a whole new and fresh look even though worn with the same clothing.
When it comes to individual jewellery pieces, you can’t go wrong if you follow these trends:
- Earrings: the bigger and the longer, the better. Chandeliers, large hoops, long and slim earrings look fabulous and combined with matching necklaces can give you that wow look.
- Necklaces: statement necklaces, or their milder versions paired with other accessories, are very much in fashion.
- Brooches are back!
- Bracelets and bangles in different shapes, sizes and colours are in. The ornate cuff is especially popular worn on either the upper arm or wrist.
- Flower rings. The bigger the flower, the chicer the look is.
Follow these trend tips for a gorgeous chic look this autumn and celebrate the beauty of this season’s jewellery.
- The Statement Necklace – this item of jewellery is big, bold and determined to be seen. It will be the main feature of the outfit and generate interest with its shape, sparkle or colour. The Cocktail Ring – Cocktail rings are enormous this year is featuring coloured stones and again lots of sparkles. There is no need to save them for cocktail parties; they will be just as gorgeous with a pair of jeans and a cashmere sweater.
- Swarovski Crystal – This trend is huge, and crystals can be found on everything from clothes handbags, crystal earrings and underwear. An excellent method to glam an outfit up for a big night out. These crystals are cheaper than diamonds but still really sparkly.
- Unique and Bespoke jewellery – This seasons craving to be unique and individual has led to a jewellery trend for a unique one-off piece of jewellery as well of bespoke and unusual pieces. Try looking for smaller online boutiques to find a different part of jewellery that suits your style.
- Black – in keeping with the massive trend for soft gothic and anything black this autumn, black silver is all over the place. Look for matt or polished finish for a fresh modern urban chic.
- Cuffs – Cuffs are a great way to draw attention to your hands and wrists. This season there are all sorts of cuffs from spiky and hard looking, as seen at Burberry Prorsum to more delicate and feminine options.
- Chandelier earrings – when it comes to earrings for autumn 2019, the bigger and more dangly the better. These earrings need no other jewellery to set them off; they are a crucial statement in their own right and look best with a simple outfit.
Previously, I have written an article about the best affordable statement earrings.
When it comes to accessories, I must admit that I have a strong obsession with statement earrings. Bold earrings are one of the ‘hottest’ spring 2017 accessory trends. Not a surprise – earrings can turn your simple look into chic and trendy within a couple of seconds. When creating stylish outfits, I need them all. Statement earrings are in the midst of a major comeback. Read full article by clicking here.
Love you, Yuliya Oleynykova